Brake Service and Repair in San Leandro, CA
Welcome to Doral’s Auto Repair – the premier brake repair shop in San Leandro. Our nationally ASE certified technicians can perform wide range of brake services and repairs – if your vehicle has any brake issues, bring it to our San Leandro auto repair facility.
Automotive brake system is vital to your safety. Here are some of the signs that indicate possible brake problems – if you notice any of these symptoms, take your vehicle to a trusted local mechanic for a brake inspection:
- Brake dashboard light is on
- ABS light on the dashboard is illuminated – intermittently or constantly – this indicates anti-lock brake system (ABS) problem
- Squealing or grinding sounds during braking
- Vehicle pulls to the right or left when stopping
- Brake pedal pulsates, and it’s accompanied by thumping sound
- Brake pedal is slow to respond or feels “spongy”
- Emergency brake (aka handbrake) does not hold on a hill
- Steering wheel or brake pedal vibrations when stopping
When you bring your vehicle to our San Leandro auto repair facility, our nationally ASE certified technicians will remove all wheels and check wear pattern and brake pad thickness. We inspect rotors (both front and rear) for rust, hots spots, grooves, and other wear indicators, and check brake calipers. We also check brake hoses for cracks, leaks, or bubbles. Hand brake (aka emergency brake) operation is tested. If your vehicle has drum brakes, we check them for hots spots and grooves as well. We test the brake fluid for water content, since brake fluid attracts moisture from the environment.
We can also diagnose anti-lock braking system problems. Naturally we can also repair any problems with the anti-lock braking system, including control unit issues and sensor problems.
At Doral’s Auto Repair in San Leandro you can expect highly experienced, highly trained technicians working on your vehicle. We use Original Equipment quality parts and offer industry leading 36 months / 36,000 miles warranty.
So, if it is time for a brake inspection, or you are concerned about your vehicle’s brakes – for any reason – give us a call. We will be happy to arrange a brake inspection at a time that is convenience for you. We also offer online appointments on our website.